Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Wonders

Here they are, some summer wonders. Joshua and Heidi were on their way home from a friends, and right there on the sidewalk was a baby bird. They were so amazed. I love kids, nothing brings me more joy than watching them learn and discover. I don't want them to grow up, and I tell them that very regularly...it's happening too fast. Josh picked up the baby bird and brought it home...trouble is, the bird must have been injured because it died a short time later. Josh cried! I felt like crying with him, what a sensitive soul! We took the bird out back and dug a little grave for it. Josh and Heidi found a big rock to mark the grave, and that made them feel better. As if I don't see it enough at work, the very fine line between life and death. I see it at home also where my kids learn about this delicate life. How fragile we are.

Okay, here's a summer wonder that I could get very, very used to. Sam is edging and mowing the lawn weekly. I am so proud of him. You should see him work, he is sweating and all red-faced and so happy to look at what he did. You know, I grew up with mostly sisters, I don't think I grew to appreciate how wonderful boys are. I am so grateful for my two boys. They work hard, keep me laughing regularly, and give me hope for the future. I tell them regularly that if every man would be like Moroni in the Book of Mormon that Satan would have no power over men. I want them to grow to be like Moroni, because what a righteous man can do...he can change the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at Sam go, the little adult. Good for him! Good post.

Kristine Watterson said...

Tell Sam he can come up here next, I'll give him some chores! I love how sweet my Josh is, that kid is a lovey!

Anonymous said...

Oh Nicalee--they will turn out to be awesome men because they have you for a mom.