Monday, July 7, 2008

Holiday!



I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. I love this holiday! We have a tradition of going to fireworks at Murray Park with my parents and siblings with their families. We had so much fun, and the fireworks were beautiful (but they seemed shorter than last year...I think it's fire danger or the economy or global warming, or someone's intern in congress that was responsible..jk) We went swimming, of course, had a big bbq..complete with Monika's (Jason's wife) fruit pizza, and a birthday cake for Camille (our second to youngest child). We did sparklers and the boys loved smoke bombs! We had glowsticks for the kids at the park, that was so much fun. We got to see how creative they all were, everyone came up with a new creation with their many and assorted glowsticks (bracelets that have connectors). After the park, we went back to my parents and did fireworks. Dustin and the boys had a ball placing all of the tank fireworks in a circle, lighting them all and letting them run into each other. Whatever floats your boat...or fires up your tank, is what I say! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Independence day! I'm proud to be an American, and so grateful for the freedoms we enjoy!

1 comment:

the holmans said...

You guys make such a handsom couple, and you have awesome kids, sorry we missed your fireworks display... WE are so lucky to raise our families together and I love us too. We are cool bloggers.