Friday, July 25, 2008

Manti Get-Away


Dustin and I were fortunate enough to get away recently to Manti, UT!! We stayed one night in the Manti House Bed and Breakfast and had planned on doing a session in the Manti Temple....now get ready for this story...



Half-way on our drive to Manti, I realized that I had forgotten my temple recommend. We were so stressed about this! I called my Bishop to see if he could vouch for me, and he said to call the Manti temple to see. I called and there was a message..."the Manti Temple is closed for cleaning"...ugh! Now, if you know mine and Dustin's luck about temples, this will not surprise you. In the last 5 times we have gone to the temple, 3 of those times, the temple has been closed for cleaning. We laughed at the irony. We thought, we'll go to the Provo temple tomorrow. I called and the Provo temple was closed for cleaning also! I called information to get the Mt. Timpanogas temple phone number and the operator connected me to the phone number...in SPANISH!! FINALLY, when I got ahold of the Mt. Timpanogas temple..I found it to be open and my Bishop did in fact vouch for me! We had a wonderful stay at the quaint little B&B and did take a walk around the Manti temple that night (see left). Dustin did not especially like the walk though...he was being eaten alive by mosquito's...which ended up being 2 bites...nonetheless, it was an anxious experience for him (mosquito's love him) and we enjoyed a brisk walk. The Manti Temple is sooooo beautiful lit up at night. We think we'll go back next year and actually do a session!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys liked the Manti House! After I told you the name I worried that maybe the rooms would not be as nice as the restaurant! I am sorry the temple was closed, it is such a neat temple.
Tiff

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your tenacity in making sure you got to the temple. Seriously that inspires me. We were in Sanpete County for the 24th too! --CARRIE

the holmans said...

You left out the part about the squeeky bed! Love that story...

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, Nicalee, do tell us all about the squeaky bed... :)

I love that picture of you and Dustin. You look like bright angels.

Kristine Watterson said...

I also throw in a vote for the squeaky bed!