Friday, September 26, 2008

Love, Deuce, and Advantage




So, my latest obsession is tennis. Yes, it is true I have given in and actually bought a tennis skirt. I've been lucky to make some great friends in our new neighborhood (we've been here a year, and I already feel so at home). These said friends have introduced me to tennis all over again. The last time I was familiar with tennis it was through my awesome Dad (he was a tennis pro for most of my growing up)...which doesn't say much for MY skill. I don't know if I've EVER had a tennis lesson, so that says something about where I was coming from when we started playing this summer. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning we play. I am having so much fun. Whats more, I am actually getting exercise that is fun. The last time I enjoyed exercise was in college when I'd run umpteen miles a day. Yeah, working on an orthopedic floor and seeing people get their knees replaced, that cured me. I miss running very much, but have found I look forward to tennis like I used to running. What Heavenly Father has blessed me with, I am overwhelmed. I am so thankful for my healthy body, this beautiful earth (seriously, have you been outside at 8:30 in the morning lately?), good friends, incredible children, a sweet and kind man to share this life with. I can't say enough good. I bet you didn't think this would all come from tennis? Well, you should try playing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of babes. And you are the most magically babilicious of all.

Kristine Watterson said...

Nicalee, you totally waxed sentimental. Don't EVER make fun of me again. And yes, most people do go outside by 8:30...unless they are totally LAZY and don't get up until you do (before you say anything I know you get up before then, okay!)! LOL. I think your blog entry is nice and I like you.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! My good friend has just started the same obsession. Someday I'd like to join you. The cute outfits are too much to pass up. Good for you for entering a new sport. It's a lifetime one too. How fun.

the holmans said...

sooooooo much fun!!! I am so grateful that you moved into our neighborhood, joined our tennis leage, and are my good good friend, HIDDEN VILLAGE GIRLS LEAGE... what a ball, I love that your so cheesey