Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Florida and baby Claire




Kristine and I recently went to Florida to visit Deb and meet little Claire Stillman! We were so excited to see this precious new family member. I am so happy for Debra and Tyler. They are as cute as a button, hovering over Claire when she cries, with all of their questions and worries..it takes me back to earlier days. The sleepless nights, the fussy episodes..wanting to just know why this baby is crying or not sleeping, or what they are looking at. Newborns are so warm and miraculous. I felt the same spiritual feelings all over again as I held Claire and wondered if she sees guardian angels around us. New life is so miraculous! While Kris was there, we ate like queens, and Deb took us to some of the best restaurants in town. We even made special Chick-fil-A chocolate shake runs just for the whipping cream and cherry on top. We went to the Florida University campus and saw Tyler's office and met some of his fellow students. Best of all, Deb and Tyler got a date and after dinner got dumped on with rain (and I mean a warm torential downpour..if you've ever been in the south) while stranded in a park. I couldn't have been happier to see them have a nice alone time together. The changes that come with that first baby...they are blunt to say the least. This darling little inquisitive child..she couldn't be loved more. Welcome to earth Claire!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh--she's so beautiful. I love the name Claire. Congrats.

the holmans said...

What a beuty!!!!!you are sooooo lucky to be so close to your sisters....