Thursday, September 4, 2008

My baby is 7...where did the time go?


Happy Birthday Heidi Anne. How did my baby turn 7? Here she is, the day after her birthday (which is Aug 9), complete with a sand castle cake. Recently Jack and I were joking that she is, as always, the perfect child. She is a peacemaker, a sweetheart and a sensitive child. She cares very much about making her parents happy, probably too much. I remember when she was much younger, just learning English, she became attached to words like 'indeed' and 'certainly'. She would answer me with these words instead of a simple yes. I remember thinking how could a 3 year old act so refined. Heidi was born feminine (from the way she held her hands as a baby) and refined. I'll stop my gushing, but needless to say, we're not joking Heidi, you are the perfect child! Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Kristine Watterson said...

That cake is so cute, Nic! You are such a good mommy.