I wanted to import some fancy, cute picture of a sleeping baby or lady or dog to show how tired I am right now, but this darn right click at work is not working. I can't really describe what these graveyard shifts do to me. Some things in life can only be understood by those around you in the trenches. I look at the nurses around me, we have bags under our eyes. We yawn in between talking about the latest fiasco at home, or the latest fiasco with our colorful patients. I have plenty of both.
Nothing against the PTA, but participating is demanding. Okay, I guess that is something against the PTA. I am the official Red Ribbon Week "person in charge". This really took me off guard when at the school one day the PTA president (who also happens to be a friend of mine, the kiss of death) approached me non-chalantly to ask me if I would head up Red Ribbon Week. The 'yes' just seems to fly out of my mouth. I think yes may be the first word I learned in this life, even if my mom says my first word was no. I must have gotten tired of the word no early on, because I am no longer practiced at using it. Okay, so I can say, "No, don't choose drugs" to the kids...but I can't seem to say no to others. Or maybe, I can't say no to myself? Dustin calls it "Nicalee, to the enth degree". He's right. I actually think I'm invinsible. I may be the only person on the earth that actually thinks that they are bionic (that is not temporarily off their psych meds). Truth be told, I guess I'm not. I'm pretty tired right now and I'm tired of being tired. Bear with me, next post...goal: be positive.
5 comments:
Nicalee, you sound so down. Those graveyard shifts are just horrible on life. I also hate them and they make me so tired, but yet you don't want to miss out on anything with the kids either during the day. (the whole reason we work them, right?) I say go and get a massage and/or pedicure. Treat yourself to something fun and relaxing. That is what always helps me to rejuvinate, well that and a red bull!! HAHA
Nicalee,
No sleep and PTA is a dangerous combination. Once you get sucked into PTA, there is no getting out because they need your help SO MUCH. The trick is to sign up early for a really easy job like my current, "Volunteer Coordinator" position and no one asks you for anything else. Your name is already on the list as a full fledged contributing member and all you have to do is pick up the lists and count hours. You could do that in your sleep! --Carrie
Say it with me. NO. NO. NO. You can't work graveyards and still be Superwoman. When will you get that!!! If only you could be more like me. I have so much to teach you.
(IT SAYS TYLER, BUT THIS IS DEBRA)
Nicalee, I dont know how you function on no sleep, I go to bed at 9:00 p.m and sleep till 6:30 A.M and am a huge grouch most days... The PTA will find some other sucker,(dont get me wrong i have done my fair share of SEP dinners, teacher appreciation, and so on) I'm just saying It seems like the same 10 MOMS are allways the room moms, thePTA moms, and the feild trip MOMS? I guess being 40 has freed me from thinking I have to do it all... My advice let some other MOMS take a turn... after all it is your turn to be the PRIMARY PRESIDENT!!!!!
What a wierd post for you, actually admitting that you CAN'T do it all? Did the world end and no one told me?
You are such a great example of giving this life 150%. You are the best sister ever, next to Tyler of course. You do need some rejuvinating time, I agree with the Bradshaw's!
Post a Comment