Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Summer FUN!

How does the saying go? "Snakes, Dead Beetles, and puppy dog tails"? I think I didn't get that one quite right...but it is a pretty good description of my boys interests this summer. We were able to nourish old and new friendships this summer with this kind of fun! Sam with his buddies from the old neighborhood...Nate and Jack, what good kids and friends. Collecting dead beetles..what could be more fun?

How about ice cream sandwiches and watching "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"? That is my kind of summer leisure! Simultaneously with all of the critters being collected outside, we were having a girls day inside. I find so much joy in my children! Their dear friends are some of our greatest blessings. Summer is now over (I'm posting this after the fact), and as I sit at home and cry...since my last child is now in 1st grade..I am grateful that I have these precious summer memories and other summers to come. I loved our summer...and I love these funny kids!

1 comment:

Kristine Watterson said...

Snakes are so freaky, I'll never get the boy's fascination with them!