I think Josh may have earned his traveler's pin in Webelos because of this trip, we road in a car, a train, a ferry, a streetcar and a cab! I think the cab was the kids favorite. They were quite grown up chatting with the cab driver and asking him a lot of questions about his job and life. Alcatraz was fun and the boys enjoyed lots of gory stories about prison uprising. I think the girls just loved the breeze on the ferry. When Heidi was boarding the ferry at the beginning and she squeeled in delight, "this is just so much fun!", well, that made the whole trip worth it. Thanks Granny for hosting us and for such a fun trip! We love you!
A hodge-podge of our crazy life...blending a family and loving every child.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
California fun
I think Josh may have earned his traveler's pin in Webelos because of this trip, we road in a car, a train, a ferry, a streetcar and a cab! I think the cab was the kids favorite. They were quite grown up chatting with the cab driver and asking him a lot of questions about his job and life. Alcatraz was fun and the boys enjoyed lots of gory stories about prison uprising. I think the girls just loved the breeze on the ferry. When Heidi was boarding the ferry at the beginning and she squeeled in delight, "this is just so much fun!", well, that made the whole trip worth it. Thanks Granny for hosting us and for such a fun trip! We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What fun to read, loved the post! It was fun...for the kids! he he he. I had fun with my sister, I like her a lot.
i am so glad you posted again i was getting worried... looks so fun, what an adventure, trips are such memory builders...
I am sooooo jealous! A weekend with my sister sounds so fun - maybe I'll tag along next time to meet Granny! He he he! ;)
Post a Comment