
It is official, I have a 12 year old boy. My son is an Aaronic Priesthood holder. This raising children business is more short lived than we think when those tiny babies are up at night. What I wouldn't give for a couple more of those nights with Sam. With this birthday came a skull cake and soda pop, shepherd's pie for dinner (Sam's favorite), a PSP, a piano recital, an A+ on his country report, a new suit, the dreaded haircut and one beautiful Sacrament meeting talk on Easter Sunday. Sam, you did wonderful.

As a tradition on every birthday, we go around the dinner table and everyone gets to say one reason they are grateful that the birthday child is in our family. I wanted to publish mine on this blog, for record keeping. I am grateful that Sam is in our family because of his loyalty and commitment to his family members. Sam would give the shirt off his back for his family members. He watches out for his younger siblings and defends them at every turn. Sam is a passionate advocate. Sam has a tender heart and is not afraid to stand up for what is right despite all the odds. Sam is a strong person. I don't worry about peer pressure with Sam, I only worry about those that would try to pressure him! Sam has a self depricating sense of humor that reveals his vulnerability. His trials have given him a depth and growth beyond his years. Sam, we love you, and we are grateful for you in our family!
3 comments:
What a handsome young man. I wish I could have been at his baptism.
Did I say baptism? I meant ordination. What a faux pas!
Yeah for Sam! Love that man!
Post a Comment