Since I know that my children's teachers don't read this blog, I'm going to unabashedly endorse taking the kids out of school for an entire day of ski and snowboard lessons. Yes, I did decide at the last minute Wednesday night that I wanted to have my kids to myself on Thursday and we were going to skip school! My mom always called them mental health days, and I believe in their importance. The kids did Brighton ski/snowboard school all day Thursday. I got an hour lunch with them in between sessions and a really fun ride in the car up and back. You can imagine the happiness it brings me to hear them go on and on over cheeseburgers how they love this and they love that about their lessons. According to reports...the boys were the fastest in their class, and Heidi had the silliest instructor. I loved hearing their tales of fun and excitement. I hung on every word. I love these kids. This morning I shed a couple of tears in bed to know that our fun day was over, and my sweet husband just laughed and hugged me. Do other mothers feel like this about their little cherubs? I imagine if they do, there is a whole lot of love in this world. What a day to remember.
6 comments:
mental health awwww... Our kids are at fun ages for adventures like this. You are so good to your cherubs... you are blessed but so are they, life long memories...GOOD JOB MOM!!!
I'm gonna say it, you suck so bad for not going with me. That's that. Okay, I'm also glad you had fun.
So when are you going to announce the gender of your baby on your blog? Your kids are lucky to have such a fun, good mom!
My mom used to check us out of school to go see movies, which I have done a couple of times myself. Our kids will remember those times more than all of the times they were on time to school.... Way to go!
How fun! It will probably be the day they remember most about this school year! I think it would be fun to be a part of your family!
You're such a sweet mom. I want to go skiing with you!
Post a Comment