Okay, so looking over other blogs...I feel like I need to make my contributory opinion about Twilight the movie. I absolutely loved it. I've seen it three times. Every time I see the movie, I like it more.
From what I hear, those who have most recently read the book are disappointed with the movie. I read the book 2 years ago. That leaves me with just enough of a skeleton of memory that I think the movie was perfect to the book!
The book may be a little slow for those who have not read the book, though I haven't found many people in that category!
The truth is, I am a complete chick flick, romantic movie fan. I might be what you call obsessed (this is what my sisters tell me). I watched "Sweet Home Alabama" recently, but wasn't satisfied until I watched the beach scene 10 times or so (in a row). Romance makes me so happy! I love how Edward looked at Bella, I love how she fell for him
(who the heck wouldn't?). When he said to her, "The lion fell in love with the lamb" I thought I would self-combust with joy.
Now, you may have thought the movie was so-so, but can you deny how adorable that last scene was at the prom? Or the kiss scene? So, all technicalities aside, whether if followed the book exactly, how expensive the production was...it was raw romance. Robert Pattinson, I love you! You are the perfect Edward!
Let's hear it for romance putting a smile on your face!
8 comments:
I love you and your romantic side, it is one of your best qualities, and your daughter definetly got the gene passed on. I cant wait to see it after your rave report.
I'm with you Nic. I love movies like that too and I can't wait to see Twilight. Three times already? Lucky girl!
It's not fair. I haven't seen it and it makes me very very angry.
I loved the movie, even if the book is better. The kissing scene made me hot and bothered, let's here it for movie romance...heaven knows that's not real life!
Nicalee, get your act together. It's time for a new post.
Nic--
Would you mind e-mailing me your address so I can send you a Christmas card?
carriefinlinson@yahoo.com
I made Connor and Mike go and see it with me. ha ha. Nicalee, I feel really stupid, but I can't find your email address that Tina sent to me. Send it to me at lesliehenrie@yahoo.com and I will invite you to see my blog. Sorry!
Nicalee: I found your blog through Carrie's. Hope you don't mind. I'm so happy to have found a fellow Twilight fan, although I'm embarrassed to admit that I've seen it 6 times. Seriously. I need an intervention or something.
Post a Comment