Tuesday, November 4, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008






We had a fun Halloween this year. Lets see, we had a movie star, a special ops soldier, and a...I'm not really sure what Sam was, but he mentioned something about a zombie or some horrific creature. His friends were all impressed, of course..they are a bunch of boys, wouldn't they be? I liked Sam's costume this year because we actually got creative and shredded some of his old clothes. The costume was totally Sam's idea, and he can be very creative, so I was impressed, even if the fake blood was intimidating to say the least!
Heidi was glowing as a movie star. Let's face it, she was born royalty. Part of living with Heidi is facing that we are her subjects. She was as happy as can be in this girly costume. I loved how she sighed "Pretty" when I put some pink eye shadow and eye liner on her.
Josh was as straight forward as ever. He wore his costume for about three days after we purchased it earlier in October, so it had been broken in. Josh runs around the house with his costume on making boy noises and singing powerful tunes that he randomly pulls out of his musical mind. I love watching him. Josh becomes the costume. He makes me wish I could transport to a fantastic imaginary world from time to time.
We had some friends over for taco soup and burned cornbread (long story...but still got eaten, I couldn't believe it). The dinner was total chaos, but not bad chaos. The dinner was fun, exciting, anticipatory chaos and friendship. I love my house, and I love entertaining. I love the Holiday season and fall leaves and rainy days like today. I love these kids and I love Halloween! Did I mention Sam and his friend Mclain weighed their candy bags? Yeah, Sam's was 11 pounds. Oh, to be a kid again.

3 comments:

Kristine Watterson said...

That's my Sam! I feel like I should admit that I, too, am one of Heidi's subjects. I love that Josh wore his costume for a couple of days and went around making Josh noises! I can totally see it in my head!

Anonymous said...

Sam looks frightening, Josh looks stalwart, and Heidi looks like she always looks. Practically perfect in every way.

the holmans said...

The costumes were fabulous... Heidi is so beutiful just like her mama. You are an amazing lady, I love how you make every occation special. Your family is so lucky, they will have found memories of their childhood. You have a wonderful quality of letting kids be kids. LOVE YOU