Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We were lucky to get discount tickets to Lagoon recently! Thank you Wheeler Machinery! My sister Kristine, her husband Rob and their three kids came too. I love those kids like they are my own. I did not have many close cousins growing up, I count my children's cousins as one of our family's greatest blessings! We had so much fun at Lagoon, after all, that's where fun is! We rode the Carousel (my personal favorite), hit the roller coasters (wow, it's fun when the family is at the point where you don't check height any longer!), had ice cream in Pioneer Village, Laguna Beach (Sam, way to go on that super fast water slide, mom chickened out) and rides galore. We had a yummy dinner, included in the price of the ticket! To top the day off, the men tested their strength on a hammer game...turns out the Lagoon attendant flips a switch before the hit which is dependant upon the size of the man...so it's really not fair. However, it was pretty fun to watch Kristine gloat that her score was higher than her husband's score! (who is about 1000x's stronger than her, no offense Kris)


But the highlight of the visit to Lagoon was being able to share such a fun time with close family like the Watterson's. Avery loved the rides (what a sweet smile), Brody loved chasing Sam and Josh around, and Gracie was, well...just Gracie as sweet and unassuming as possible, she did almost escape the park, much to her surprise and distress..by becoming stuck in a gate, but a Lagoon worker man came along at just the right time and set her and Heidi free. We feel richly blessed to have such grand times with our children and extended family! Here's to many more Lagoon day's to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH, I'm so homesick. Bleh. Those are such great pictures, I'm so glad you guys had a great time. I'm love all those babies so much! I don't care how old they get, they'll always be babies to me!

Anonymous said...

What a fun afternoon. It makes me long for Lagoon too. I'm sure you're a terrific aunt.

Kristine Watterson said...

That was a fun day, filled with screaming, wandering kids...Deb, don't be homesick!Lahvoo! Cute post Nic, I guess you're okay as an aunt.

Anonymous said...

Plus, Kris is wearing my favorite purple shirt on her. She looks so good in that shirt. I don't know why it's important to post a comment about that.

Kristine Watterson said...

I appreciate your post, Debra! When I look at that picture, pretty is not what I see, so I'm truly thankful you do!

the holmans said...

Nicalee you have the life... I havnt been to Lagoon since I was pregnant with Max... Thanks for being the fun Mom, It keeps my house clean. Your Awesome