Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things That I LOVE.

I've been sad lately. When I read friend and family blogs I feel uplifted. SO, I'm going to use my blog today to uplift myself. I'm going to list all of the wonderful things that I love lately. There are always things to be grateful for. Here goes...

1. My baby when she happy dances because she found some play high heels in my closet. I was saving them for her #2 birthday, but couldn't say no when she excitedly brought them to me, "Mommy! shoes!, Mommy! shoes!". I put the high heels on her, she instantly started her happy dance and I laughed out loud.

2. Granola with half and half. mmmm.

3. Sister filled weekends. I wish they lived next door and we could do everything together. We could raise each other's kids and have each other's backs and laugh our butts off. Wait, we already do that, and we don't live next door...but I wish we did.

4. My new found TV fun...haven't watched TV in years (except DWTS of course), but I have discovered the DVR. I love about 1 out of every 5 Oprah's. I love The Biggest Loser. And my sister's now have me hooked on The Bachelor (WHAT?)...but I can't resist. Hence, the beauty of the DVR, I can record it and Dustin and I can watch after the kids are all tucked in.

5. My soft velvet duvet cover

6. My baby's pink room.

7. Malt Shoppe Oldies, channel 801 on Direct TV. I listen all day long and dance too.

8. The new bronze statue that my Grandma recently handed down to me. A woman holding a baby with her older daughter following behind her. It reminds me of my grandma and of my kids at the same time.

9. My grandparent's ranch in California that I'm going to say goodbye to in March. I have a ridiculous amount of wonderful memories there. I'll be singing in my head Barry's "Where Did the Time Go?" as we drive away after our trip. Oh, and there will be tears. Life is so bitter sweet.

10. My warm and loving Mom. I hope I am like her in so many ways...someday.

11. Playing 007 night games with the kids and hearing Josh's friends tell me, "You are so good at this game!!". Oh yeah, I can find any kid in the dark with my mini-van and my flashlight. I'm that good.

12. Uplifting books that suck you in and make you feel inspired about life. I love believing that there really are no coincidences in life and that everything comes together for our learning and growth. This is what I have learned from books lately.

13. Feeling pretty.

14. And last but not least, HOT showers!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your wonderful outlook on life. It makes me want to write my own list. Thanks Nic. Are you going to Vonae's cabin in July?

Kristine Watterson said...

What about things you like? I feel that this list was lacking in mentions of fabulous sisters and conference calling. It was okay.

Michelle Olsen, Appellate Daily said...

Nicalee-
I wish I could be your next-door neighbor, too!

Kristine Watterson said...

Thanks for the tip on the Oldies channel!!!!! I have been listening to it this morning and it is soooo awesome, love my sisa...she is the best!

the holmans said...

Loved the post, sweet friend. Love the part about the bachelor there is a reason why we are friends. Boo, hot showers... Hot bubble baths now that is the ticket... And the boys loved playing 007 with ya, they think the Primary president rocks.