

I had a sweet Mother's day this year. These girls in matching dresses, a handsome hubby in a matching tie, and kisses from my sweet baby...these are a few of my favorite things. Heidi gave me an adorable keyring that is made out of beads...the beads spell mom. I have a little surge of joy every time I look at my new keyring. Being a mom is my favorite job in the world. I want to wear it on my keyring and on my chest for the rest of my life. Nothing gives me more happiness. My sweet husband took the boys to a late movie the night before Mother's day...and while they slept in the car after midnight, he ran into Smith's to pick up a bouquet of roses and a couple of sweet cards to me....but the most touching was his inscription, "I know that you are the greatest blessing that Heavenly Father has given me. I found the perfect person for me when I found you." We have our clear ups and downs...truthfully, sometimes it seems like every day can be a struggle blending this family, and the struggles put a lot of strain on our relationship. Every once in a while there is a pay off, and then I remember why I'm doing this in the first place. I'm still running this race because I love you Dustin, and I love these beautiful kids. Thanks kids for the lovely cards, for the hugs and kisses, and for coming to me so I can borrow you for a little while in this life and be your mom!!! I love you!!
5 comments:
oh, that is the sweetest baby alive!!! so cute Nicalee... you are so lucky to be so in LOVE and to have such a neet FAMILY... I am so lucky to know you and the AWESOME, cool blended family you and Dustin are raising... Happy Mothers Day Friend...
I looooove those cute girls and Amy looks divine! You are great Mother and super good friend, and I lahvoo!!!!
You're so sweet Nicalee. They are all so lucky to have you in their lives. I admire your perfect ability to share your feelings so candidly. Glad you had such a great day!
Being a wife and mom IS the very best job in the whole world. It is also the hardest! I read your post below about the atonement. When we sacrifice, it is in a very small way trying to follow (imitate) His great and atoning sacrifice. What a blessing to be a mother!
Niki- I can't believe how much your daughter looks like you! I just had flashbacks of us playing in the backyard of your Carmichael home. I drove my son by there when we visited for Easter and had warm feelings. You always made me feel so loved. I couldn't believe you were my friend :) I am so lucky!
Post a Comment